I collected a lot of elderflower and decided to do something different and add the flowers to my favourite vegan cake! It worked great – It has a gentle sweet flavour and looks really pretty!
Vegan Elderflower Lemon Cake
- baking tray 10cm x 21cm
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- 1 tsp bakingn powder
- 3 tbsp xylitol
- ½ cup oil olive oil or rapeseed oil
- ¾ cup plant-based milk
- lemon juice of a half lemon
- 2 tbsp elderflower heads
- 1 tbsp grounded xylitol
- ½ tsp boiling water
- 1 tsp elderflower heads
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- In a bowl mix the flour, baking powder and xylitol together.
- In a separate bowl whisk the oil, plant-based milk and lemon juice.
- Add the liquid mix to dry mix and combine.
- Add elderflower heads and mix gently.
- Pour into a lined loaf tin and bake at 180C for about 40 minutes
- Use the cake tester to check if the cake is fully baked. When its ready take it out and prepare the elderflower drizzle.
- To make the elderflower drizzle mix the grounded xylitol with the boiling water, add the elderflower heads and pour it over the cake.
Tag @vegulicious on Instagram and hashtag it #vegulicious