This is a lovely and very quick recipe for roasted carrots with honey and garlic, they make a great side dish or you can add them to your green salad as well.
Roasted Carrots with Honey and Garlic
- Bunch of rainbows carrot peeled if not organic
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 3 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 head garlic
- salt, black pepper and garlic powder to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Wash the carrots and peel if not organic.
- Place the whole carrots into a baking dish and drizzle with rapeseed oil. Mix until the carrots are completely covered with the oil.
- In a separate dish mix the honey or maple syrup with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Pour the mixture on to the carrots and mix until evenly coated.
- Use your fingers to peel away the loose, papery, outer layers around the head of garlic. Trim about 0.5cm off the top of the head of garlic to expose the tops of the garlic cloves. Drizzle with oil and place with the carrots in the oven.
- Roast in the oven until tender.
- The baked garlic can be spread on the roasted carrots. Enjoy!
Tag @vegulicious on Instagram and hashtag it #vegulicious