The cake is very soft and not too sweet. Instead of rhubarb and raspberries, you can also use blueberries or strawberries.
Hope you enjoy making and of course eating this cake, as I do! Enjoy!
Polish Raspberry and Rhubarb Yeast Cake
- Square cake pan 20cm x 20cm or round cake pan
- 100 ml warm water
- 50 ml warm plant-based milk
- 30 g fresh yeast or 7 g dried yeast
- 2 tbs sugar
- 4 tbs xylitol
- 300 g wheat flour or white spelt flour
- 2 tbs rapeseed oil
- 200 g sliced rhubarb
- 80 g frozen raspberries
- 2 tbs coconut sugar
- In a bowl - mix warm water, plant-based milk, fresh yeast, sugar and xylitol together, stir until the yeast and sugar dissolve. Leave for 10mins.
- Add flour slowly and gradually, stirring constantly with your hand. Finally, add the oil and stir until combined.
- Transfer the dough onto the table and knead for 2-3 minutes. The dough should be soft and springy.
- Transfer the dough to the cake pan lined with baking parchment. Stretch it to fill the bottom of your cake pan. Cover with a cloth and leave for 30-40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C
- Wash the rhubarb and slice into approximately 1 cm slices.
- When the dough is ready place the rhubarb and raspberries on top of it, pressing them down lightly and sprinkle some coconut sugar on top.
- Place the cake in the oven for 30-40 mins (until it starts to turn golden). Cool the cake down before serving!
- Dust with powdered xylitol or icing sugar.
Tag @vegulicious on Instagram and hashtag it #vegulicious