Do you normally find your tofu dishes a bit bland!? Why not try my marinated tofu recipe! This recipe is super easy, full of flavour and will give you a whole new experience!
You can serve it with your favourite type of rice or noodles and some greens!
Pan - Fried Marinated Tofu
- 400 g extra firm tofu
- 4 tbsp cornflour
- coconut oil for frying
For the tofu marinade:
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp agave syrup
- ⅓ glass water
- 2 tsp ginger grated
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- Cut tofu into cubes.
- Heat up a large frying pan with enough oil to covers the pan. It should be hot enough to make the tofu sizzle straight away.
- Add tofu cubes to a bowl with cornflour and gently stir to coat, until each side is well covered.
- Place each cube on a hot frying pan, making sure the cubes are separated. Fry cubes on all sides until golden.You will need to fry each side for about 3 - 4 minutes. TIP: To turn them around you can use your chopsticks.
- Transfer to a plate and repeat this step with remaining tofu.
- Preparing the marinade: Mix the soy sauce, agave syrup, water, grated ginger and minced garlic cloves in a bowl - Stirring until it combines.
- Heat up a frying pan - you can use the same one as for frying tofu - when the frying pan is very hot, pour on the marinade and wait until it starts to bubble, then add your tofu, constantly mixing until the tofu is completely covered in marinade.
- You can serve it with your favourite type of rice or noodles and some greens!
Tag @vegulicious on Instagram and hashtag it #vegulicious