I have been making this bar for several months now – It’s not only very easy to make but also guilt free!
I love having it with a cuppa or pack it in my lunch box and have it as a healthy treat if I’m on the go..
Homemade Date Bars
- Loaf dish 24cm x 10cm
- Food processor / high speed blender
- 350 g oats
- 5 tbsp cacao powder
- pinch of salt
- 350 g dates
- 20 tbsp soy milk
- 3 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 3 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- 85 g dark chocolate melted
- 2 tsp goji berriers
- pinch of flaky salt
- 1 tsp desiccated coconut
- 3 tsp chopped nuts
- Blend the oats into a flour in the food processor.
- Add the cacao powder, dates and salt and blend until smooth. The mixture should resemble cookie dough and the dates blended with the oats, cacao etc until no pieces of dates are visible.
- Add soy milk, desiccated coconut, chopped walnuts and gently blend together until combined.If the mixture is too dry add a little bit more milk. The dough should be thick.
- Press the mixture into a lined baking tray.
- Spread a layer of peanut butter over the top.
- Melt the chocolate and spread it over the layer of peanut butter.Decorate the melted chocolate with goji berries, desiccated coconut, flaky salt and chopped nuts.
- Pop it into a freezer for 40 minutes., then cut it into bars... Enjoy!
Tag @vegulicious on Instagram and hashtag it #vegulicious