Elderflower tea is a healthy and delicious, lightly floral tea you can make with either fresh or dried elderflowers. I serve my tea with a little bit of agave syrup!
Elderflower tea is rich in Vit C, strengthens the immune system and calms the stomach especially when bloated.
To preserve the elderflowers beyond their season I dry the flowers in a food dryer. I then use this dried Elderflower to make tea, Which I can be enjoyed all year around.. ☕️
- Food dryer
- freshly picked elderflowers
- Place the flowers in a bowl of warm water to clean off any insects and dust.
- Spread the flowers on the drying trays of a dehydrator. Set the temperature at its lowest setting ( 35°C) and dry for 6 – 9 hours.
- The stems will take longer to dry than the flowers, so always test them to determine if the drying is done.
- Store them in a glass jar.
- When making tea - place one tablespoon of dried elderflowers into a cup and add boiling water. Cover and let it steep for about 6-7 minutes. Enjoy!
Tag @vegulicious on Instagram and hashtag it #vegulicious