I absolutely love making my vegan and gluten-free meatballs. These meatballs are so easy to make are really tasty. You can serve them with your favourite gravy and baked baby potatoes … yummy 🙂
Gluten Free, Vegan Meatballs
- 1 cup millet
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 6 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 6 tbsp pumpkin sees
- 3 tbsp hemp seeds
- 3 tbsp flaxseeds
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- salt, pepper to taste
- Rinse millet well under running cold water. I always rinse millet well because of its bitter coating
- In a medium saucepan, combine millet with 2 cups of water. Bring it to a simmer over medium heat. Cover the pot and reduce the heat to low. If it starts sticking to the bottom stir it gently. Simmer until the liquid is absorbed and the millet is fluffy - 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat oven to 200°C fan
- Chop sun-dried tomatoes
- Grind all seeds (pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds and flaxseeds) together in a blender until a fine flour.
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients.
- Shape the vegan meatballs with your damp hand and place them on a baking tray with baking paper. Put them in a preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes (until they are golden and crispy). Enjoy!
Tag @vegulicious on Instagram and hashtag it #vegulicious