This recipe is very simple, low in fat and high in fiber. It’s a great dish for freezing also!
- 500 g red lentils
- 2 onions chopped
- 3-4 cloves of garlic chopped or pressed
- 30 g ginger chopped
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes 400 g x 2
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- to taste salt and pepper
- 2 litre water
- 2 tbsp raisins
- Saute the onions for a few minutes; add garlic and ginger and saute for an extra minute or two - make sure to stir regularly, add extra water if they start to stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add two cans of chopped tomatoes, lentils, all spices, and 2l of water - cover the pan and cook gently over low heat for approx 20 minutes, to prevent the dahl to stick to the bottom stir regularly.
- When the dahl is ready add 2 tbs of raisins to sweeten it.
Tag @vegulicious on Instagram and hashtag it #vegulicious