Cauliflower Soup with Lentil
- 1 onion chopped
- 5 carrots chopped
- ½ cauliflower chopped
- 3 potatoes chopped
- 1 leek sliced
- ¼ celery root (celeriac) chopped
- 1 parsley chopped
- 1 cup lentil
- 1 L vegetable stock
- 2 L water
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp ginger powder or coarsely grated ginger
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- sprinkle of nutmeg
- pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium-size pot heat up the coconut oil or water.
- Peel and finely chop the onions and fry it in the pot for a couple of minutes until soft.
- Peel and finely chop the carrots, potatoes, leek, celery root (celeriac) and parsnip. Put all the vegetables into the pot, add a little bit of water and steam undercover on medium heat stirring occasionally for 10 minutes or until soft, if the vegetables start to stick to the bottom of the pot add more water and bring the heat down.
- Boil water and make 1L vegetable stock.
- Add the vegetable stock to the pot and stir; add 2L boiling water and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes undercover stirring occasionally to avoid the vegetables sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- When the soup is ready add salt and pepper.
- Serve the soup in a bowl with nigella spice, Enjoy!
Tag @vegulicious on Instagram and hashtag it #vegulicious