Apple Tart with Almond Crust
- Round baking tray (22cm)
- 250 g almonds
- 120 g dates
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 medium-size apples peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 6 tbsp sugar-free jam I used my homemade cranberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 170°C
- Make almond meal by placing 250g raw (unpeeled almonds) and blitz until you get a fine, powdery flour. Add dates, agave syrup, peanut butter and baking soda and blitz until combined.
- Press the mixture into a lined round baking tray (22cm). It is very important to press it well so the crust will be firm.
- Spread the jam over the crust.
- Place the thinly sliced apples in a bowl, add cinnamon, mix them gently together so the apples are covered in cinnamon.
- Arrange apples on the pastry.
- Bake the cake for approximately 40 minutes.
Tag @vegulicious on Instagram and hashtag it #vegulicious