I use a food dryer but if you don’t have one you can also make them in the oven,
- Core and slice the apples into 1mm - 2mm thick slices using a mandolin.
- Preheat your oven to 160C/ 140C fan
- Spread the slices on a baking tray lined with parchment and bake for 40 mins
- Spread the apples on trays and set up the dryer.
- Start dehydrator and let apples dry for 6-8 hours. Depending on your dehydrator, you may need more or less time or may need to rotate the trays (I rotate trays every 2 hours).
- The shelf life of dehydrated apples is super long, I store them in a cotton bag, paper bag or in a glass jar. Enjoy!
Tag @vegulicious on Instagram and hashtag it #vegulicious